Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global
security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems sector is seeking a skilled Systems Administrator (Cloud/Openstack) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals supporting the Social Security Administration program. This position is physically
located in Baltimore, MD.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Engineer and deploy an integrated and scalable on premise/off-premise cloud-hosted environment capable of supporting service models defined in NIST 800-145
Engineer and deploy integrated cloud-hosted service models that will support open data and development, allow for publishing and hosting of both datasets and data-driven applications with cross-platform accessibility
Document Red Hat OpenStack build and configuration process
Evaluate Red Hat OpenStack design
Compare Red Hat technology to other solutions
Evaluate integrating new technology with SSA IT security standards
Develop and document test plans for the OpenStack infrastructure
Design and engineer a Cloud Management Provider infrastructure supporting a) service layer, b) resource abstraction and control layer, and c) physical resource layer
Design and engineer a service delivery management model that supports the planning, operations, and pooled servicesMaintain business resilience requirements for availability throughout the transition to cloud-hosted environments, integration of cloud-hosted environments, and engineering of a cloud management model.
Use guidelines as outlined in National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) for Cloud Computing
Conduct routine hardware, software, and security audits to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
Perform configuration and change management functions for the On-Premise cloud computing environment by documenting architecture, systems, and support procedures
- Bachelors degree in a technical field and 10 years of related work experience; or 8 Years with a Masters degree. An additional 4 years of experience as a Cloud/Openstack Systems Administrator may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 5 years RedHat Enterprise Linux v6.x/7.x Operating System, RedHat Virtualization Technology and Satellite Service.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience using YAML Ansible.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency (Green Card holder) required in order to obtain and maintain required Position of Public Trust clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Experience with a cloud computing platform such as OpenStack, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud, OpenStack.
- Experience with Linux, Windows Server Operating Systems, and SQL
- Experience in developing scripts and automating tasks using PowerShell, Perl, Python, or Java.
- Ability to document, assess, and test Cloud and Infrastructure strategy and architecture development and detailed planning at the service level.
- Ability to collaboratively develop architectures and solve complex infrastructure and application problems to efficiently deploy enterprise services.
- Experience deploying solutions to an IaaS On-Premise Cloud (OpenStack)
- Experience in conducting system audit reviews as required to assess system health
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to analyze and use current and future cloud-hosted environments, enhance and automate where feasible
- Knowledge of a software development lifecycle that includes development, validation, integration, training and production
- Ability to develop a detailed project plan that includes risk analysis, resource estimates, milestones and back-out procedures
- Ability to produce operational documentation using industry best practices in technology