At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact peoples lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, theyre making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for an Engineering Technician 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
The selected candidate will build datacenter components and test in a lab environment.
- Work with Windows, Solaris, Unix, and VMWare team members to get the correct physical components needed to build a datacenter per customer requirements
- Work with vendors as needed for warranty/licensing issues and ordering new equipment
- Diagnose repairs to equipment as needed
- Work with team members to meet tight deadlines
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 4 years additional education and/or related experience.
- Experience with datacenter hardware components (i.e., racking servers, storage arrays).
- Active in-scope DoD Secret security clearance, with the ability to obtain Special Program Access. - The ability to support up to 10% travel.
- Active in-scope DoD Top Secret security clearance
- Knowledge of Windows, Solaris, Unix, and VMWare components and configuration.
- Familiarity with Jira or other issue tracking system.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills used to interface with hardware vendors on critical deadlines.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.