subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated
space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Our San Diego, CA location is seeking an (entry level) Production Test Technician 1
This is an entry level static load test technician position.
The successful candidate will work side-by-side with an experienced test technician and learn to perform precision
mechanical and electrical test set ups, followed by the execution of static load testing of space flight hardware.
Test setups include:
- Mechanical assembly of load application and restraint mechanisms and structure;
- Installation of test instrumentation for force, strain, and deflection;
- Execution of test per exacting procedures and requirements
- Documentation and report out
- High mechanical and electrical aptitude to learn / build test setups with instrumentation.
- Strong math and science aptitude to learn fundamentals of static load engineering - including force, stress, strain,
modulus and inertia.
- Proficiency in computer operation and use of typical word processing and data programs.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and follow written procedures.
- Demonstrated high degree of self-discipline to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret written instructions, blueprints, or shop drawings in English.
- Good documentation, organization and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, and prioritize work.
- Proficient use of basic shop arithmetic.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and highly motivated for excellence.