Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS). As a part of the NGMS Team youll join experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. Its unique work. Its challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Join us and launch your career. Well support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking experienced and motivated professionals for various entry level roles in Contract Administration. This position will be located in Rolling Meadows, IL.
Roles and responsibilities of the Associate Contract Representative will encompass the following, and vary slightly depending on specific position, program, or business unit to which you are assigned:
- Maintain and update contract documents and official program records, including contractual documents and correspondence
- Research contract issues and prepare analysis with citations
- Provide direct contract support, review contractual documents to ensure protection of company's contractual/risk posture, satisfaction of contractual requirements and adherence to company policies.
- Administer, extend, negotiate and terminate standard and nonstandard contracts.
- Conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Develop proposal packages, in a timely manner and in accordance with established procedures
- Provide proposal support including taking an active role in creating contract proposal volumes, supporting fact finding and the negotiation process.
- Examines estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain and provide status and tracking information on customer requests
- Work cooperatively with the technical staff to address customer requests
Candidates must be able to make sound decisions in a timely manner, display strong interpersonal skills, possess solid written and verbal communication skills, and have an agile perspective or compliance protocol mandated by regulated industry.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS REQUISITION.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must have:
- Bachelors or Masters degree from an accredited institution with 0+ years of professional experience in business management, finance, accounting, or related fields
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Demonstrated leadership, critical thinking and, innovative behaviors in past projects, roles, or experiences
- The willingness and ability to travel domestically up to 10% of the time.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills as well as the ability to multi-task in a challenging environment
- Professional experience in a regulated industry: to include Aerospace & Defense, Insurance, Financial Services, Telecommunications, or Legal/Regulatory
- Experience Reading and Interpreting legal and contractual requirements
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.