In the Mission Systems sector, youll join our experts in developing systems that keep our world safe. We are looking for a Software Test Engineer to develop, document and execute unit and integration tests, using a variety scripting languages and fix or provide support for software bug findings. The position supports engineering organizational goals to meet the current and future needs of the programs and technologies within the sector portfolio. This role will help foster the establishment and maintenance of a world class Software and Digital Technologies organization in Orlando, FL.
The selected candidate will join the team in a strong matrix organization, collaborating with peers across the organization. The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance. He/she will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop, document and execute unit and integration tests, using a variety scripting languages and work with software developers to fix or provide support for software bug findings.
- Collect and analyze performance data.
- Review technical documentations.
- Provide recommendations for testing equipment acquisition and cost estimation
- Interact with internal and external customers.
- Quickly learn how to operate any test tools required for the program.
- Diagnose problems encountered during application integration among products and address fixes/enhancements according to prescribed program processes.
As an employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Computer Science or other STEM discipline, with 5 years of relevant experience in engineering development projects OR- Masters degree in STEM, with 3 years of relevant experience in engineering development projects
- Strong mathematics background and experience analyzing collected statistical and performance data
- Scripting experience with languages such as PowerShell or Python
- Experience in test tool usage such as Squish or Teleriks TestStudio.
- Automated testing experience
- Basic software development skills
- Knowledge of network operations/concepts ( e.g. multicast/unicast, addressing, ports, messaging routing)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to generate and present test reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer use including typical office applications; working familiarity with standard modern engineering development tools and processes
- Experience with configuration management tools such as GIT or ClearCase
- US Citizenship is required with ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Clearance
- Current Active Secret or Interim Secret Clearance
- Master of Science in Engineering or other STEM discipline
- CASP+, CISSP or CSSLP certification
- Knowledge of web tools and/or web development
- Basic system administration knowledge
- Knowledge of Wireshark
- Experience using Agile or waterfall process and continuous integration / continuous deployment processes and tools
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions