At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact peoples lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nations history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, theyre making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently seeking an Associate Accountant to join our Financial Shared Services team in Minnetonka, MN.
- Review contracts for relevant billing provisions and
work with Contract managers to understand necessary billing requirements.
- Review project set-up attributes in invoicing system
and validates that key contract attributes have been entered and briefed
- Analyzes cost data from accounting system and prepares
appropriate invoices according to Accounts Receivable billing schedule
(progress billing, cost-type billing, time-and-material billing,
performance-based pay billing, hardware billing, milestone billing).
- Obtain appropriate approvals and distributes invoices
- Understands all relevant contract billing clauses, and
any other special billing instructions outlined in the customers
- Performs analysis of billing history and reconciles
invoices to customer (government) invoice systems.
- Set up billing attributes for contracts in ERP system
and create contract billing file to maintain invoice documentation.
- Creates and distributes customer invoices.
- Project close-out Invoices. Works with internal and
external/ government contacts to process and complete all final contract
- Monitor Project Set-up mailbox and Investigate complex
project setups. (i.e.; Billing formats, Mods, Project level billing)
- Assist with new business integration into FSS. Work
independently and with a team to facilitate a smooth experience for ATK
businesses transitioning into FSS.
- Reconcile any cost account differences between Billing
sub ledger and General Ledger.
- Understanding of FAR/DFARS billing regulations and
Northrop Grumman policies and procedures specific to Billing and Project
- Understanding of standard and unique contractual
requirements that affect billing the customer.
- 4 year Finance / Accounting degree required.
- Analytical skills.
- Understand project based cost structures and billing.
- Proven Time Management skills demonstrating the ability
to prioritize daily workload.
- Strong customer service and communication skills with
both internal and external customers.
- Strong attention to details and invoice requirements
and the ability to troubleshoot errors.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.