Northrop Grumman is seeking a Construction Engineer Intern to join our team.
- Help to plan, design and oversee the construction of new or expanded facilities.
- Help prepare architectural, engineering, and cost estimates, functional studies, construction plans, specifications, and schedules. Obtain and supervise outside contractors.
- Recommend architectural and engineering design procedures and standards for the planning and design of facilities.
- Assist in supervising the detailed design, budgetary costing, standardized construction, and final inspection of facility projects.
- Conducts construction surveillance to ensure adherence to contractual requirements.
- Ensure all work conforms to the required specifications, including local, state and federal codes.
- Adhere to, company policies, procedures, and processes per the direction of the Facilities Project Manager.
with outside engineers, architects, design teams, and general
contractors regarding plans, specifications, general and special
conditions, addendums, subcontract requirements, and bid paperwork
including RFIs are completed as required.
- Prepare estimates and work plans with detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, and quantity takeoff information.
- Prepare design drawings for Facility Projects.
technical assistance, i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommended
construction methods, materials, and equipment, etc., as required.
- Assist in contractor weekly job meetings.
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We
are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making
decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age,
veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our
complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit
www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most