At Northrop Grumman, our
employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact peoples lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our
pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nations history - from the first flight
across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look
for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join
forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on
intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to
work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible.
Our employees are not only part of history, theyre making history.
Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and
aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products
include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products,
subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and
ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and
advanced aerospace structures.
NGIS is currently seeking an
experienced Senior Principal International Trade Compliance Analyst to
provide leadership in the field of export and import compliance to the Flight
Systems Group within NGIS. Location of employment is Clearfield, Utah.
Role Description and
The role of the International Trade
Compliance Analyst is to advise and support the Flight Systems Groups trade
compliance function supporting operations regarding U.S. Government export and
import regulations. The candidate selected for this key role will report
directly to the Manager of International Trade Compliance (ITC) for Flight
Systems Group (FSG). This Import/Export Analyst position is considered an
experienced position and the following list of responsibilities are conducted
under the direct oversite and guidance of the Manager of ITC for FSG.
- Under the direction of the Manager of ITC, helps
provide guidance on U.S. Government export and import regulations
including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR),
Export Administration Act (EAA), Export Administration Regulations
(EAR), and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
- Under the guidance of the Manager of ITC, supports FSG
division with general export/import control services.
- Assists in integrating licensing strategies to
obtain necessary export and import authorizations to support full
compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Establishes business processes for submitting to and
obtaining from the U.S. government, all necessary export and import
licenses, permits, certifications, and technology release determinations.
- Provides key information to the FSG ITC Manager to
support U.S. Government interface.
- Provides input in developing export and import internal
control plans and helps conduct proviso reviews and proviso briefings.
- Establishes operational processes for assuring trade
compliance through gate reviews for technical data, foreign travel,
foreign visits and export and import shipments.
- Supports investigations and resolution of compliance
concerns, questions, or complaints. Establishes and maintains training and
audit assessment programs to ensure implementation and effectiveness of
- Participates in presenting functional, and program specific
trade compliance training.
- Deliver Consultative services for complex export
- Collaborate cross-functionally (Global Supply Chain,
Contracts, Security, Traffic and Logistics, Program Management, Business
Development, Engineering, etc.) to accomplish program, division, sector,
and company goals.
- Knowledge in classification of all imported and
exported articles under the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) or Schedule
B, and assist in the submission of ruling requests when necessary.
- Gives input to traffic and logistics personnel in
preparing and processing import and export documentation for international
shipment transactions utilizing OCR EASE application and the U.S. Customs
and Border Protection ACE system.
- Support with freight forwarders, customs brokers,
carriers, and foreign customers to ensure compliance with procedures,
regulations, and timely execution of import and export shipments. Support
the provision of entry and exit instructions to customs brokers, freight
forwarders, and carriers for customs clearance formalities.
- Maintain files and records and develop reports/metrics
as required by company procedures and government regulations. Ensure
accuracy of data, conduct reviews and audits of import/export records.
- Bachelors Degree and 10 years of experience in Export
Licensing and/or Compliance; 8 years with a Masters Degree.
- Knowledgeable in ITAR, EAR and other US Government
- Understanding of Schedule B / HTS, USMLs, and ECCNs.
- Exposure to the ACE database.
- Familiarity with shipping/supply chain inner workings
and documentation; including exports and imports.
- IT systems skill in operation of compliance automation
(SAP/GTS, EEMS/OCR EASE, IDCAS (or equivalent).
- Analyze/develop innovative solutions to complex
situations, both independently and in teams.
- Aerospace or Defense industry experience.
- Security Clearance, or ability to obtain one.
- Prefer candidate be proficient in both Import/ Export
compliance and logistics processes.
- Familiar with EEI submissions in ACE and ability to
navigate within ACE to correct or modify EEI records and prepare
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal
skills, including giving group presentations and training.
- Strong ability to support teams.
- Possess skills necessary to build teamwork.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with both
internal and external customers.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with ability to pay
attention to detail, prioritize and make both independent and coordinated
- Demonstrates learning agility in the acquisition of new
knowledge and skills.
Bachelors Degree and 10
years of experience in Export Licensing and/or Compliance; 8 years with a
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.